Monday, July 4, 2011

Cyclops Building, Mt. Lebanon


This is the building Cam lives in in Mt. Lebanon. It used to be called the Cyclops Building and many of the floors served as the headquarters to Cyclops Steel Corp. Now it is the more anonymous "650 Washington Road," a significant decline if you ask me. It's the tallest building in Mt. Lebanon counting floors--I'm sure many church spires are taller--and it always struck me as odd that someone would build such a relatively tall building in a suburb. It has a magnificent view of the South Hills, which is why I put Cam in a loft at the top, though it really isn't a residential building at all. I would love to see a restaurant or bar at the top so that everyone could enjoy the view. When I was a kid my orthodontist was on the second floor of this building.

I took the picture from the top of the Mt. Lebanon parking garage. In the book, Cam and Jacket are standing on the top of garage when Jacket asks her to marry him.

No comments:

Post a Comment